I self-drafted the pattern, using a favorite Kaari Blue dress from last summer as a base. I like the fit and the swingy skirt a lot.
Digging into my knit fabrics stash I came up with an ancient piece, a lightweight knit from mystery fabric land. It worked out great.
Front views:
Back view
The hem is finished with a coverstitch machine and the armholes are serged, turned, and topstitched.
It is a close to a badda-bing type of dress I have ever made: Cut, sew the shoulder seams (reinforced with clear elastic), side and center back seams; add a binding to the neckline; serge, turn and topstitch the armholes; and coverhem-stitch the hem. It doesn't get much faster or easier.
I think I've found the pattern for a fabric that I've been holding on to for a while now. Maybe that will be my next sew, but maybe not, since I'm sidling up to kimono-jacket-making for myself and my daughter, what with so many versions out there now. More on that next time.




4 comments:
I love this style of dress and yours is very nice!
I also like this style. The colors look great too! I love to discover such blogs on the Internet.
Love, love, love the print
Post a Comment