Monday, November 16, 2009

A Writer's Tote Bag

Photos:





Pattern used:

I didn't use a pattern--the tote bag is just a simple rectangle with the sides sewed up and straps stitched on.
The really cute machine embroidery motif came from http://www.urbanthreads.com/ .
The fabric is a white canvas from Hancock Fabrics. Mettler Metrosene 100% poly thread used for the assembly of the bag.
Robison Anton 100% poly thread used for the embroidered design.
Janome 300E embroidery machine, Bernette Funlock 004 serger, and Bernina 1630 sewing machine used for the project.
*****
This tote bag is a small gift for a friend who is an avid writer. I met her in my Creative Writing class, and she has been very kind to me all semester. I wanted to show her my appreciation for her help and encouragement.
I had such fun making it, that I may make one for myself, especially if I end up getting a good grade for the course!
Kathryn

7 comments:

Mardel said...

What a really lovely bag and a thoughtful gift.

amber said...

Really cute! What a nice gift.

gwensews said...

That is a great gift. Your friend is sure to love it!

Linda L said...

Cute tote bag. Aren't the embroidery designs at UrbanThread great!?

Anonymous said...

Cute bag, Kathryn. I'm sure that your writer friend will appreciate a gift from a fellow artist!
cissie

jean said...

lovely bag and i love the motif!

Rachel said...

That is super cute!!! I just love machine embroidery.