Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Potpourri of Gifts

The last of the Christmas gift sewing is done. Yay!

"Wipe your paws" set of towels for new granddog, Mr. Binx, a 1 year old Brussels Griffon mix, rescued from a shelter. He'll be accompanying DD and her fiance for their Christmas visit. The embroidery design came from a link recommended by a fellow Stitcher's Guild member.


Wipe your paws collection

Here's Mr. Binx, or Binxy, or Binx, depending on whatever my DD calls him at the moment. He only weighs 10 lbs, so is a little guy.

Mr. Binx, the new granddog

Of course I couldn't leave out DSD's two kitty cats, so they get a tea towel embroidered in their honor. A friend on Stitcher's Guild sent me the link to this cute embroidery design:

Lulu and Buddy cute kitty towel


Next are some embroidered towels. I like to embroider cotton tea towels or linen hand towels, wrap each towel around a pint jar of my blueberry or peach freezer jam, tie with a jaunty Christmas ribbon and give the gifts to hostesses of the Christmas parties that we attend. Here are four towels that I embroidered for this week's parties:

Save Santa the trip tea towel

Anne's paint cloth

Save Santa the trip on linen

The "Save Santa the Trip", the Santa, and the paint splotch designs came from www.urbanthreads.com. The paint brush came from embroidery.com.

And finally, I finished two more rice-filled microwavable neck/shoulder heating pads for my DD and DSD. DSD, who likes to enter her art in craft shows, gets a Crafty Like a Fox design from www.urbanthreads.com

Crafty like a fox for DSD

DD gets Urban Threads' riff on a caduceus tattoo:

"Caduceus" tattoo design for DD

And that's it!

8 comments:

Jane M said...

Those towels are precious!

patti said...

Wonderful gifts! I hope you get to do some holiday sewing for yourself!

Vicki said...

Great gifts! Nothing like a hand made gift.

Andrea said...

Precious!

Irene said...

Wonderful gifts!

couture a la mode said...

Kathryn - your work is always so FABULOUS!!! I want to make one of everything you do :).

Texan said...

Super cute! Everything.

Ann Made Studio said...

They are All beautiful gifts.
Your new grand dog :) is sooo cute!
Great idea for his towels.